Mysore to Kabini – A Wildlife Adventure
Kabini is the land of spectacular vistas and wildlife. Named after the river Kabini, it is an integral part of the Naragahole Tiger Reserve. It is one of the most popular haunts for those who love to explore the wild side.
An adventure awaits..!Kabini is just 65 kms away from Mysore. Located at the very edge of the Nagarahole National Park, the Kabini corridor connects the Nagarahole and Bandipur national parks. It is a core part of the Nilgiris Biosphere, one of the largest forest areas in the country. An exhilarating safari in the dense forests of Kabini is an experience of a lifetime! Kabini offers exciting jungle safaris that will surprise you with mesmerising views of the jungle, waterfront, wildlife, birds, and flora. A good sighting of herds of elephants, birds, deer, gaur, chital, and sambhar is usually guaranteed. If you are lucky enough, you might even spot a tiger, leopard and even a black panther – a visual treat indeed!
1. Boat SafariKabini Boat Safari is a popular and adventurous experience. Mud bathing elephants on the shores, deer, gaur, sambar, dhole and other inhabitants of the forest, several birds such as cormorants, cranes, darters etc. can be spotted along the river bank. Sunbathing crocodiles are also a common sight here.
2. Best time to visitKabini is a great place to visit all year round. The sweltering hot months of summer are the best time to spot the animals. As the watering holes start to dry up, the animals are forced to the banks of Kabini river. The monsoon magic has the trees lush and thick, but the chances of animal spotting is comparatively lesser. Winters are pleasant and offer a fair chance of animals and bird sightings. How to reach?
- By AirBangalore is the nearest international airport and is about 200 kms away. Mysuru airport can also be considered for domestic flights and is just 60 kms away from Kabini.
- By RailMysuru Junction is the biggest and nearest railway station to reach by train. It is about 60 kms away from Kabini and is connected to all the major cities of Karnataka and the rest of the country.
- By RoadKabini is well connected by road and Mysore is the nearest major city.
Safari QuestAction-packed adventures, delectable food, and authentic safari experience await you at Safari Quest. Our packages are customisable with a plethora of locations, activities, and food options to choose from. Our warm nature-themed stays are where hospitality and comfort meet. Get in touch with us to experience the best of both worlds. Head from Mysore to Kabini for a wildlife adventure of a lifetime with Safari Quest!